“I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” – John 10:10b
All through scriptures we see invitations from God for us to come to Him. Isaiah 55:1 is one of the greatest invitations in the Bible. The Lord said to His people who were in difficult circumstances, “Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.” This is God’s remarkable offer of inner nourishment, deep spiritual satisfaction, and everlasting life. But it also was a foreshadowing of the ultimate celebration we spoke about on Monday’s video. (You can watch that by clicking here.)
In Revelation 22, the apostle John appeals to us again. “The Spirit and the bride say, ‘Come!’ And let the one who hears say, ‘Come!’ Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life” (Rev. 22:17). When we do, we not only step into God’s original plan for His people, but we also gain more and more invitations to live abundantly with Him in the here and now. We have captured many of those invitations in a beautiful printable that you can download for yourself by clicking here. But that printable is just an appetizer of Jesus’s appeals to us! He invites us into so much more!
Christ’s invitations not only give us life, but they also give us:
- Security. “All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.” – John 6:37
- Confidence. “I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life. And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.” – 1 John 5:13-14
- Fruitfulness. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” – John 15:5
- Peace. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. – John 14:27
- Nearness to God. “For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” – Matthew 18:20 / “Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.” – James 4:8a
Friend, Jesus wants us to come to Him! As John 10:10 tells us, He wants to give us life and so much more! But we must accept His invitation. If you already have accepted His call, then be encouraged and remember the many gifts He freely gives. If you haven’t opened his offer yet, why not do so today? Reach out to us here at The Sublime Soiree. We would love to share information with you to not only know Jesus, but also to grow in your relationship with Him. Jesus says, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30) Open your hands and your heart to Him, friend. He desires to give you life and life to the full.
— The Sublime Soiree © April 22, 2021
2 thoughts on “An Invitation to Abundant Life”
A powerful message and invitation in the hard times our world is going through right now. Searching for and finding the One Source is the answer. Thank you both for the directions leading to the right path.
He is our only answer!